« December 2011 |
| March 2012 »
February 25, 2012
These three things have nothing to do with each other
Posted by Will at 11:33 AM
February 5, 2012
I watched the Super Bowl and I have three ideas to save football, although it probably doesn't need saving.
- 1) One team, none of this offense/defense stuff
- Football teams really aren't teams, are they? They're two different teams that have nothing to do with each other, plus a couple of guys who are good at kicking and maybe some other guys that are good at other weird stuff that I don't know about. Baseball teams are one team (at least in the National League). That's cooler.
- 2) People should be able to throw forward passes whenever they feel like it
- How often does the quarterback get past the line of scrimmage? I have no I idea, really. But wouldn't it be exciting if they could pass after that? Even though I imagine it wouldn't get done that much, it would create a whole new range of strategic options.
- 3) Teams should have a quota of players from their own region
- This one can really apply to any sport. How many New York Giants are actually from or around New York? Again, I have no idea. I do know they play in New Jersey though. I could get more into routing for a team if they were actual representatives of my home state and current city, instead of people from wherever bought by the highest bidder. I probably wouldn't get that into it, but still.
Posted by Will at 11:34 PM