June 18, 2009
Your mother knows very little about Macintosh products and related services
This is a list of Macintosh your mom jokes that I made eight years ago and never put anywhere. I think the world is ready now.
- Your mother thinks that slot loading iMacs have Mezzanine ports.
- I have noted on numerous occasions that your mother doesn't use
option L when writing long lines of AppleScript.
- Your mother once confided in me that she has tried to install OS
9 on a 68k Macintosh.
- Many people of reputable stature have told me that your mother bought
more than seventy-two megs of ram for her 61xx Performa.
- I have serious doubts as to whether your mother knows the difference
between Sawtooth and Yosemite motherboard designs.
- When porting a major game to OS X, your mother was caught making
calls to Game Sprockets.
- Your mother bought O'Reilly's Missing Manual for iMovie.
- I couldn't help but notice that your mother has her Help balloons
- I feel it's important that you know that your mother insists that
Sherlock was part of OS 7.6.
- Your mother thinks that the Newton is a new unit of measurement
June 12, 2009
If something is worth saying, it's worth saying with more than 140 characters. And yes, I realize that this is less than 140 characters.
June 8, 2009
Metal Gear: Gamesaver
This is the first in a series of five unrelated shorts that I'm doing for atom.com. If you've ever played Metal Gear, I think you will find this funny. If you haven't, you will find it less funny, but still relatively funny, hopefully.
June 2, 2009
I am an internet hundredaire
I got a check from google the other day for a hundred dollars. You remember Double Feature Finder? Well, there are ads on it. Google doesn't bother cutting a check for anything less than a Benjamin, so this is the first time I've seen any money in DFF's three and a half year history. I'm going to go buck wild tomorrow and put it towards a new hard drive.