April 9, 2008
A dull list of all the exciting things I did for ign
In 2006, I applied to be a reporter/critic for ign.com's film section. Much to my surprise, I got the job. And kept it for about two months. I was told that they had hired a new editor and he was bringing in a new staff. That's probably true, but I'll never be entirely sure of whether or not it was because I did a lousy job. Now you can judge for yourself. Here is the entirety of everything I did for them in my two month tenure in chronological order.
- A Wonderful Film
- An roundtable interview with the director and some of the cast of The Great New Wonderful. I want to note that I didn't come up with the title.
- Lady in the Water video interviews
- The Paul Giamatti one is the favorite out of all of the video interviews. It was my first one ever, and probably the best.
- My Super Ex-Girlfriend roundtable interview
- I remember this roundtable as one of the one of the most inane I had the pleasure of attending.
- My Super Ex-Girlfriend Review
- My first review, and the most positive one I'd give, which ain't saying much.
- Trust the Man video interviews
- I've actually never watched these, because I didn't think they went that well. I did a roundtable interview for this movie too, but I'm not sure if it was ever published.
- Trust the Man review
- I hated this movie so much, I had to tone down my review so people would believe how much I hated it.
- 10th & Wolf Review
- I didn't go to the press screening for this, I just bought a ticket. I got to expense it though.
- Crossover roundtable interview
- This roundtable was me, a room full of black people, and another white guy who would not stop saying "the n word." Not the word that the phrase refers to, I mean literally "the n word." It was embarrassing.
Posted by Will at April 9, 2008 12:48 AM