« This is probably the only chance I'll ever have at impugning the New York Times' accuracy | Main | I have something to say about another unimportant news item and I'm just as surprised about it as you are. »

December 7, 2006

Continuing with my new thing of taking something from today's headlines and pointing out someone that no one else has seemed to notice or care about

Lars von Trier apparently wants to make a little game out of watching his movies. From Variety:

Danish filmmaker Lars von Trier has unleashed his latest bit of mischief: the Lookey... The Lookey is described as a "visual disturbance," which is placed out of context in the movie.

People my age might recognize this guy:

A character from She-Ra named Loo-Kee who would hide in the background of an episode, then at the end, show you where he was and then give you the moral of today's story, which was usually something like "be yourself" or "don't share prescription medication."

Can you find him?

(Hint: It's really obvious.)

Now, I've liked a few of von Trier's movies. So I don't want to bag on the guy too much, even though his last movie was less like a movie and more like somebody videotaping a rehearsal of a mawkish high school play, but I mean, seriously, the guy's ripping off of She-Ra. What's next? If I see somebody in that movie touch their earring and say, "It's showtime Synergy," I'm walking out.

Posted by Will at December 7, 2006 10:31 AM

Comments

"People my age might recognize this guy:"

If by "people my age," you mean "GIRLS MY AGE"! You probably used to braid your hair and make muffins in your Easy-Bake Oven with your Barbies. GIRL!

Posted by: Anonymous at December 7, 2006 11:23 AM

I was only watching it for He-Man crossovers, I swear.

Posted by: Will at December 7, 2006 11:38 AM

A Jem live-action movie would be (wait for it) Truly Outrageous. Or am I the only one that watched Charlie's Angels and thought, "man, this movie would rock so much harder with the Misfits in it!"

Posted by: Adam Black at December 7, 2006 2:47 PM

I had to pop in to let you know I’m enjoying all these posts. I look forward to seeing what's on your mind every week. I think I see the hidden character. Is he just left of the horse’s ass?

Posted by: Sue at December 7, 2006 3:50 PM

I'm glad somebody got the Jem reference. I was talking about the Misfits recently and had to admit that I didn't know that the Misfits were a real band until I did a search on Napster, which tells you about how long ago it was. And Sue, I'll try to keep it up, but I can't promise anything. Not everyday there's a cartoon related headline in the news.

Posted by: Will at December 7, 2006 4:25 PM

That trick you did with the "Dogville" reference was hot. I'm glad your computer science degree has come in handy for my entertainment and convenience.

Posted by: Su at December 12, 2006 3:56 PM

I knew that computer science minor would be good for something someday.

Posted by: Will at December 12, 2006 9:38 PM