« Logs and the League | Main | Not that I was going to anyway, but I don't think I can ever watch the Jetsons again »

February 25, 2005

Praying for the pope is stupid

I mean really. If God's not looking out for that guy already, rubbing some rosary beads together isn't going to change his mind.

Posted by Will at February 25, 2005 10:13 PM

Comments

That's a good point. But you left out one important fact: Just who IS NY's dumbest driver?

The hint is absolutely no help.

Posted by: Casimir at February 26, 2005 7:45 PM

I'm pretty sure NY's dumbest driver is either Bruce Springsteen, the band Bon Jovi, or senator John Corzine. But that's just going off their hint.

Posted by: Seth Berkowitz at February 27, 2005 4:07 PM

Catholics worship relics and they worship the pope like god himself, the pope isnt any better than anyone who beliefs in jesus with all there heart.

Posted by: Joe at October 24, 2005 7:09 PM

i agree that the catholic religion is false.......and the only way to jesus is through faith in God!

Posted by: thomas at April 19, 2006 7:12 PM

I think praying for serial killers who are glorifed and worshipped by born again christians is stupid...

You should be praying for the murder victims and their families..not the KILLERS

Posted by: Valentina Suriani at August 9, 2006 6:06 PM

What does born again Christianity teach?

SLAUGHTER ALL THE PEOPLE YOU WANT!

and then

JUST ASK JESUS TO FORGIVE YOU...

and then

EVERYTHING WILL BE OK

Posted by: Valentina Suriani at August 9, 2006 6:07 PM

I can no longer stand and see such disgusting comments. my dear Joe the post you posted on October 24, 2005 07:09 PM was very immature of you.If the religion I gave my life for is a fake then what do you say when the tomb of st.Peter was found under the Vatican?? what do you say when the Catholic priest in Germany was consecrating the wine and doubted if it was really true and the wine literally turned to blood??Also Seth Berkowitz posted February 27, 2005 at 04:07 you said that catholics worship the Pope.I am sorry but yiu have a mistake. I imagine you are protestant or anglican or baptist judging by my instinct. any way we don not worship the Pope.... we follow the pope.If you read trough history you will realise that it is th Catholic church that is the real church the rest I am sorry to tell you are indeed a fake. Listen for a minuite...When Christ Told Peter "on you I shall build my Church" that was the moment that St.Peter became the first Pope and he was given the power by christ.Now then.. when Peter was going to die he had to leave another Pope to look after the church of christ. Slowly as time passed and the next pope died and left the power of christ which was given to peter there came a time were people were greedy and priests started making people pay if they wanted to go to heaven. It as very foolish of them how ever the mentality of the middle ages is difficult to understand.When a Martin Luther realised he should make his own church because he disagreed with the catholic priests doing this. He had no power from Christ to be a priest. because he was not given the power by the previous bishops! and Cardinals!! there for the power is lost along the line of the protestant church and so for the Anglican and Baptist church.The Pope who is in Peters place now is the supreme pontiff! and you must go one to reading the history of the church. dont just speak before you read the history.

I pray for you my brothers and sisters in christ to the lord Jesus Christ and his our holy Virgin Mother.

Posted by: Rev.Fr.James Marco at September 14, 2006 6:04 PM

get lost , catholics always thinks that they are above people and they like to judge people , saying that what people do is wrong as long as their priest tells them what is wrong and what is right !!
They don't worhip god but they blindly follow what the priest says and the pope . Proves their stupidity . History does not confirm anyones beliefs but it plays a big part in blinding us.

Posted by: karen lee at November 29, 2006 10:17 AM

Hey Valentina, we have the same last name......Cool?!?!

Posted by: TONY SURIANI at January 5, 2007 1:28 AM

Might as well plug my buisness while im here:

ANTONIO'S PIZZA & ITALIAN RESTAURANT
724 South Federal Highway
Dania Beach, FL 33004

954-923-5151

The best food in the world!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: ToNy SuRiAni at January 5, 2007 1:30 AM

What is the use of a Pope? It is just another stupid believer in Earth who takes religion too seriously. I mean come on, religion is not your life. Common sense > religion. FUCK religion.

Posted by: Mitsu at April 15, 2007 7:14 PM